Saturday, December 4, 2010

William Shatner is my father

No, I'm really just kidding, but they sure do look alike.



A Star Trek fan approached my dad in Washington D.C. about 2 years ago, and the guy was like really happy. He went up to my dad, and after looking at him closely, he laughed and told my dad that he was very sorry, but that he looked exactly like William Shatner. All my dad could respond with was, "Who's William Shatner?". Mind you, I didn't know who he was either, until I Googled him, and told my dad he was an actor in Star Trek. All my dad could respond with was, "What's Star Trek?". Oh silly father.

So, Priceline....it offers discounted travel related things, like flights, hotels, cruises, etc. I saw this commercial and seriously LOL-ed. It went with that good and evil thing. Which, if you noticed, is like the "Mirror Universe" from Star Trek (I read up on some Star Trek). It's just really funny how it's William Shatner....because he is just one interesting character! Star Trek stars are taking over TV commercials!!
(no really - George Takei is the new pitchman for Sharp's Quattron TVs).



So this commercial has the evil twin telling this guy that he should take the $149 deal on a hotel, saying it's a really great deal, but then the good "real" Priceline Negotiator comes in, saving the day. He tells him to name his own Price at Priceline. It's not just me, but I've seen other people's comments on this commercial, and it really hit their funny bone. (Does that make sense?).
One thing that I noticed that kind of bugged me, was when the good twin comes in, and the "Priceline Negotiator" screen pops up, afterward, the transition back to the actor actually moving, is a little funky. Did you notice that?

Commercial directed by Steve Miller, provided by Radical Media.

Someone posted this image on a website, containing the commercial, I thought I'd share...because they were right, it totally matches the commercial:



OH! and here is a Priceline treat. You can watch the other Priceline commercials with William Shatner, as well as download Priceline wallpapers, buddy icons, and ring tones!

http://www.priceline.com/promo/shatner_pcln_negotiator.asp

To finish, I want to share with you one of my dad's favorite actors. When I showed him this music video, he was amazed. Of course, I love the song as well.
Presenting: Fatboy Slim with "Weapon of Choice" - star guest: Christopher Walken

No comments:

Post a Comment